Friday, April 2, 2010

2009 Tax Deductions That You Should Not Overlook

With 13 days to go before April 15th here is a list of tax deductions many people either miss or forget.

Charitable Contributions: If you itemize your deductions and gave money to a church, a charitable organization such as the Red Cross, or a nonprofit organization such as the Boys and Girls Club of America then you are entitled to deduct your contribution. You must make sure you get a written receipt for your deduction just in case you get audited. If you donated your old clothes, furniture, books, etc to your local Goodwill, Big Brother or Salvation Army, you are entitled to deduct the value of your contribution. In addition, if you donated money to support disaster relief in Haiti after January 11, 2010 and before March 1, 2010 these contributions also qualify to be deducted on your 2009 return. So, if you didn't have the cash to contribute in 2009, I hope you charged it.

Points: If you were able to refinance your home in these tough economic times, any points you paid to refinance your home can be deducted on a monthly basis over the life of the new loan. All unamortized points on an old refinancing are deducted in the year of a new refinancing.

Health Insurance Premiums: Any health insurance premiums you pay, including some long-term-care premiums based on your age, are potentially deductible. But you have to add these to your medical expense pot. Medical expenses have to exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income (AGI) before they give you any tax benefit. If you're self-employed and not covered by any other employer-paid plan, though, you can deduct 100% your health insurance premiums (to the extent of your net income) "above the line." Above the line means the expense is an adjustment to your adjusted gross income.

Educator Expenses: If you're a kindergarten through grade 12 teacher, teachers aide, instructor or principal, you can get an above-the-line deduction for as much as $250 for materials you bought in 2009. That includes books, supplies and even computer equipment.

College Education Expenses: In this category you will have a choice of taking either an adjustment to income or a tax credit. A tax credit will reduce your taxes payable on a dollar for dollar scale while the adjustment to income can either reduce or increase your gross income. If your adjusted income is less than $65,000 for single taxpayers or less than $130,000 for married filing jointly taxpayers you can deduct up to $4,000 on your adjusted gross income. If you qualify, you can take either the Lifetime Earning Credit which is worth $2,000 or the American Opportunity Credit which is worth $2,500. Since you have choice between the tax credit and the adjustment to income, you will have to choose which one offers the greater tax benefit.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Health Care Reform Taxes

Individual responsibility: Starting in 2014 everyone will be required to maintain health insurance. If you go without insurance, you will be subject to a tax of $695 per year.

Employer responsibility: Large companies will be required to provide health insurance as a benefit to its employees. Companies that do not provide this benefit will be imposed a tax of $2,000 a year per employee.

High cost plan excise tax: Starting in 2018, high cost health insurance plans will be subject to a tax. Plans for single persons that cost in excess of $10,200 and family plans that cost in excess of $27,500 are in this sections cross hairs. The excise tax rate on incremental costs will be 40 percent.

Medicare tax: Medicare tax will now be assessed on investment income for families making in excess of $250,000 and for singles making over $200,000. Investment income includes interest, dividends, capital gains, rental income and royalties. In the past, Medicare taxes had been assessed on wages only. Earn one dollar of investment income while you are over the threshold limits and you will incur this tax. This tax will commence January 1, 2013.

Medicare tax: In addition to the expansion of Medicare tax on investment income as noted in Section 1402 above, the Medicare tax rate has also increased. This tax increases by a third, from 2.9 percent to 3.8 percent.

Brand name pharmaceuticals: Starting in 2011, the pharmaceutical industry will be subject to a $2.5 billion annual excise tax. The annual excise tax increases in subsequent years, rising to $4.2 billion in 2018. The tax is assessed based on a companies market share and is non-deductible for federal tax purposes

Medical Devices: A 2.3 percent excise tax on the sale of medical devices goes into effect on Jan. 1, 2013. That tax, which excludes items sold at retail to consumers, would raise $20 billion through 2019.

Tanning Tax: A 10 percent excise tax on indoor tanning services goes into effect in July 2010.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Tax Benefits Aid Employers Who Hire and Retain Unemployed Workers

Two new tax benefits are now available to employers hiring workers who were previously unemployed or working part time. These provisions are part of the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act.

Employers who hire unemployed workers this year (after Feb. 3, 2010 and before Jan. 1, 2011) may qualify for a 6.2-percent payroll tax incentive, in effect exempting them from their share of Social Security taxes on wages paid to these workers after March 18, 2010. This reduced tax withholding will have no effect on the employee’s future Social Security benefits, and employers would still need to withhold the employee’s 6.2-percent share of Social Security taxes, as well as income taxes. The employer and employee’s shares of Medicare taxes would also still apply to these wages.

In addition, for each worker retained for at least a year, businesses may claim an additional general business tax credit, up to $1,000 per worker, when they file their 2011 income tax returns.

“These tax breaks offer a much-needed boost to employers willing to expand their payrolls, and businesses and nonprofits should keep these benefits in mind as they plan for the year ahead,” said IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman.

The two tax benefits are especially helpful to employers who are adding positions to their payrolls. New hires filling existing positions also qualify but only if the workers they are replacing left voluntarily or for cause. Family members and other relatives do not qualify.
In addition, the new law requires that the employer get a statement from each eligible new hire certifying that he or she was unemployed during the 60 days before beginning work or, alternatively, worked fewer than a total of 40 hours for someone else during the 60-day period. The IRS is currently developing a form employees can use to make the required statement.

Businesses, agricultural employers, tax-exempt organizations and public colleges and universities all qualify to claim the payroll tax benefit for eligible newly-hired employees. Household employers cannot claim this new tax benefit.

Employers claim the payroll tax benefit on the federal employment tax return they file, usually quarterly, with the IRS. Eligible employers will be able to claim the new tax incentive on their revised employment tax form for the second quarter of 2010.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

House Approves Health Care Bill

The House voted 219-212 in favor of health legislation backed by President Obama. The 219-212 House vote, coming after a tumultuous day of protests and rancorous debate, paves the way for Obama to sign the major portion of his 10-year, $940 billion plan early this week. The vote assured that about 32 million Americans will gain health insurance coverage and millions more will win protections against losing theirs. The legislation will raise taxes, largely on the wealthy, and reduce future Medicare spending by about $500 billion.

"This legislation will lead to healthier lives," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California said in the final floor speech before the vote. "This is an American proposal that honors the traditions of our country."

Read more: USA Today

Monday, February 8, 2010

How To Choose A Tax Preparer

Most tax return preparers are professional, honest and provide excellent service to their clients. However, unscrupulous tax return preparers do exist and can cause considerable financial and legal problems for their clients. Therefore, it’s important to find a qualified tax professional. Here are 8 rules for seperating the honest tax preparer from the dishonest tax preparer.
  1. Check the person’s qualifications Ask if the preparer is affiliated with a professional organization that provides its members with continuing education and resources and holds them to a code of ethics.
  2. Check on the preparer’s history Check to see if the preparer has any questionable history with the Better Business Bureau, check for any disciplinary actions and licensure status through the state boards of accountancy for certified public accountants; the state bar associations for attorneys; and the Office of Professional Responsibility for enrolled agents.
  3. Find out about their service fees Avoid preparers that base their fee on a percentage of the amount of your refund or those who claim they can obtain larger refunds than other preparers.
  4. Make sure the tax preparer is accessible Make sure you will be able to contact the tax preparer after the return has been filed, even after April 15, in case questions arise.
  5. Provide all records and receipts needed to prepare your return Most reputable preparers will request to see your records and receipts and will ask you multiple questions to determine your total income and your qualifications for expenses, deductions and other items.
  6. Never sign a blank return Avoid tax preparers that ask you to sign a blank tax form.
  7. Review the entire return before signing it Before you sign your tax return, review it and ask questions. Make sure you understand everything and are comfortable with the accuracy of the return before you sign it.
  8. Make sure the preparer signs the form A paid preparer must sign the return as required by law. Although the preparer signs the return, you are responsible for the accuracy of every item on your return. The preparer must also give you a copy of the return.

Friday, February 5, 2010

2009 Profesional Tax Software Choices Part 1

"'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." – quote by Benjamin Franklin in a letter to Jean-Baptiste Leroy in 1789, (re-printed in The Works of Benjamin Franklin, 1817)

Here we are again with another tax season and asking ourselves the following questions about our tax software? Are we using the “right” package for our needs? Are we getting the most value from our investment in Tax Preparation Software? What would it take for me to consider changing from my current tax software? Would I recommend my tax software to other tax professionals? Do I know what are my alternatives? What do I like about my tax software? What do I dislike about my tax software?

Drake Software offers an all-inclusive package regularly, $1,395 (currently web-listed as $1,295) with early season discount prices as low as $995. The package includes all individual and business federal tax returns - 1040, 1040NR, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120H, 1120S, 706,709, 990, and 990PF - as well as all state returns. It also includes their tax planner, write-up, client status manager, document manager, bank software, electronic filing, technical support, network version, preparer Web site, and paperless office capabilities. They also offer a client write-up package that includes everything except their client write-up package. The pay-per-return option allows you to prepare up to 15 federal and state returns for $285, and additional returns cost $19 each.
The price is small, but the power of the package is impressive. Screens and helps are available in Spanish, for your Spanish speaking preparers or clients, but printed tax forms are all in English. Auto entry features include a Zip Code database that automatically fills in the city and state after you enter the zip code, and an EIN database that retains and fills in provider's information when the EIN is entered.

Drake Software's client base is an even mix between one to two man shops, to CPA firms, to large multi-sites. If the firm's hardware meets the Drake Software minimum requirements there is no limitation on the amount of users and returns it can support.

The Intuit ProLine Lacerte is for mid-sized and larger practices, as well as smaller firms with more complex client needs. The program offers preparation and electronic filing for all major tax entity types, along with all states and municipal entities. The system is offered modularly, with practices selecting the entity types and state support they require. Pricing for the Federal individual package is $2,699 and $429 per state, with add-on available for unlimited electronic filing ($995), networking ($570 for the first 4, $280 for each additional 4), tax analyzer ($465 of which 25% is the annual maintenance fee which is all you pay in future years), tax planner ($665 of which 25% is the annual maintenance fee which is all you pay in future years) and other productivity tools including applications for trial balance, document management, and tax research. The Intuit ProLine Lacerte system is also offered in a pay-per-use format, for lower-volume firms with a $395 license fee, $36 for federal and 1 state and a $4 electronic filing fee. Once the Pay-per-Return fee is paid separate business, trust, estate, and gift taxes may also be purchased.

Lacerte integrates with QuickBooks, Intuit's Document Management System, Tax Planner, EasyACCT, and BNA Tax Planner, Forms Library, Tax Research, Tax Analyzer, Trial Balance Utility, Lacerte e-Organizer.

The Intuit ProSeries is offered as a complete package or as a pay-per-return option, ProSeries Professional is easily adaptable to fit your office needs. Directed toward the small to medium sized accounting firm that might also provide other accounting services, Intuit allow you to buy as much (or as little) tax power as you need. One license of ProSeries tax software covers everyone in one company and location (multiple installations, networking is an add-on), via Webprice $1299, regularly $1399. This package includes unlimited individual returns for federal and state, and no license fee for Pay-Per-Return for business return. The PowerTax Library, priced at $4449, includes: the federal individual (100+ forms and schedules); state individual (45 States and Local forms); federal business forms 1120, 1120s, 1065, 1041, and 990; state business forms 1120, 1120s, 1065, 1041, and 990; Gift and Estate forms 709 and 706; and ProSeries add-on solutions Client Organizer and Fixed Asset Manager. Add-on packages include Network Solutions for $475, ProSeries DMS (Document Management System) for $450, Client Organizer for $229, Fixed Asset Manager for $229. The Pay-Per-Return option fee is $225, plus $20 for each federal and $15 for each state return processed

ATX Max is a highly inclusive program that sells for $1,110 and includes all the tax forms and specialty forms needed for a small to medium accounting practice. This package includes 1040 and related forms plus all state and local individual income tax forms, electronic filing where supported, 1041, 1120 1120S, 1065, 706, 709, 990, 5500, registrations and elections and more. Training and online CCH U.S. Master Tax Guide and CCH 1040 Express Answers are included with the ATX Max package.
One thing that really sets the ATX packages apart is their over 10,000 federal, state, and local forms, including the hard-to-find local tax forms. With ATX, tax practitioners no longer have to find and fill out by hand less common local tax forms, they are already included in the tax package. CCH Small Firm Services knows that not all small tax firms are looking for the same solution. They have packages that start as low at $410 that include all of the federal 1040 forms and supporting schedules, up to 3 states, $200 unlimited electronic filing, or individually priced e-filing for $3 federal and $2 per state state, and free training. They also offer a small firm turnkey solution of their Total Tax & Accounting Office package for $2295 which includes everything from the ATX Max package plus ATX Fixed Asset Manager, ATX Trial Balance, ATX Document Manager, ATX Client Write-Up with Payroll, and CCH Express Answers for all of the included tax returns.

TaxWise offers different groupings of their tax software so that they are price accessible to the various sized firms that are looking for the services their product offers. TaxWise is targeted for the accounting firm that is looking to grow and wants to position itself in an efficient manner with a complete business solution that is fully integrated and streamlined.
The ProFiling Package is $1084 for all federal individual and state and local forms, $1 Per federal and $.50 per state for electronic filing. The Power package at $2395 includes 1120, 1120s, 1065, 1041, 706, 709, 990 and 5500as well as unlimited e-filing, and free networking within the same office. They also offer an Executive package that includes all 1040 forms, 1120, 1120S, and 1065, 3 states each for individual and business returns, and $2 federal, $1 state electronic filing for $1335. The Complete Tax and Accounting package includes their complete line of individual, corporate, partnership, business, and specialty forms and schedules, all states and electronic filing, trial balance, fixed asset, document manager, and research software for $3265. TaxWise includes as much power as you could need, depending on the package you purchase. Free orientation sessions, customer support, and the online CCH U.S. Master Tax Guide (included in the Executive, Power, and Complete packages) make this a complete solution for a growing professional accounting firm.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tax Tips On The HomeBuyer Tax Credit

Here are the 9 things you should know about the expanded credit and the qualifications you must meet in order to qualify for it.

  1. You must buy – or enter into a binding contract to buy a principal residence – on or before April 30, 2010.

  2. If you enter into a binding contract by April 30, 2010 you must close on the home on or before June 30, 2010.

  3. For qualifying purchases in 2010, you will have the option of claiming the credit on either your 2009 or 2010 return.

  4. A long-time resident of the same home can now qualify for a reduced credit. You can qualify for the credit if you’ve lived in the same principal residence for any five-consecutive year period during the eight-year period that ended on the date the new home is purchased and the settlement date is after November 6, 2009.

  5. The maximum credit for long-time residents is $6,500. However, married individuals filing separately are limited to $3,250.

  6. People with higher incomes can now qualify for the credit. The new law raises the income limits for homes purchased after November 6, 2009. The full credit is available to taxpayers with modified adjusted gross incomes up to $125,000, or $225,000 for joint filers.

  7. No credit is available if the purchase price of the home exceeds $800,000.

  8. The purchaser must be at least 18 years old on the date of purchase. For a married couple, only one spouse must meet this age requirement.

  9. A dependent is not eligible to claim the credit

Monday, February 1, 2010

Small Business Jobs and Wages Tax Cut

President Obama has proposed a new jobs creation program that is targeted at small businesses who are the engines of job creation. The program is designed to provide firms an incentive to move quickly on new hires by reducing payroll tax costs. The program provides:

  • A $5,000 tax credit for each net new job created in 2010. Employers would receive a tax credit of up to $5,000 against their payroll taxes for every net new employee they hire in 2010. The credit is designed to help jumpstart job growth by giving employers an incentive to add jobs or accelerate the hiring they would have done later in the future. Start-ups would be eligible for half the credit, which provides an incentive for entrepreneurship while avoiding gaming. The credit would be administered off an employer’s unemployment insurance wage base (equal to 72% of the unemployment insurance wage base increase, or $5,000 credit for each additional worker who earns at least $7,000).

  • An additional tax credit to reimburse payroll taxes on increases in inflation-adjusted payrolls. Businesses will receive a bonus 6.2 percent tax credit on aggregate wages in excess of inflation – reimbursing the employer for the Social Security payroll taxes they pay on those payroll increases. This provides firms with an incentive to increase wages or work hours for existing employees as well as hire new employees at a higher wage. This wage bonus would be calculated off the Social Security payroll tax base, so firms would not get credit for increasing wages for employees making more than the current taxable maximum of $106,800.

  • A cap at $500,000 per business to incentivize small business hiring. All firms with net employment increases will be eligible for these credits. But to ensure that small businesses receive the bulk of the incentive to hire, the maximum credit will be limited to $500,000 per business.

  • Anti-abuse provisions to ensure that employers do not game the system. Businesses that reduce employment or payrolls in 2010 would be ineligible for both the $5,000 credit and the wage bonus. The credit would also include anti-abuse provisions designed to deny or limit the credit to employers that seek to game the system by, for example, replacing full-time employees with part-time employees. This will include limiting the maximum jobs credit amount to 25% of the increase in a firm’s Social Security payroll wage base. In addition, rules would prevent businesses from renaming themselves or merging in order to claim the credit.

  • Quarterly payment option to accelerate payments to firms. Employers would have the option of receiving the tax credit on a quarterly estimated basis. This helps get money in the hands of employers earlier in the year, could help increase awareness of the credit and provides an early incentive to hire.

  • The proposal is estimated to cost $33 billion. The administration plans to pay for this program with savings from the Treasury Department’s Troubled Asset Relief Program, which the administration says has cost $200 billion less than had been projected. If every firm used the maximum credit to hire rather than for salary increases, it would reward six million new jobs.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Special Tax Relief for Donations Made To Haiti

People who give to charities providing earthquake relief to Haiti can claim these donations on their 2009 tax returns, according to a new special relief provision issued by the Internal Revenue Service. This special tax relief provision for Haiti is modeled on a 2005 law that allowed taxpayers to deduct donations made in January 2005 on their 2004 returns in the wake of the Dec. 26, 2004, Indian Ocean tsunami.

Only taxpayers who itemize deductions on their 2009 return qualify for this special tax relief provision. All short-form filers and taxpayers who use the standard deduction are ineligible. . Only cash contributions made to these charities after Jan. 11, 2010, and before March 1, 2010, are eligible. This includes contributions made by:
  • text message,
  • check,
  • credit or debit card.

You can benefit from your donations, almost immediately, by filing your 2009 returns early, filing electronically, and choosing direct deposit. Refunds take as few as ten days and can be directly deposited into a savings, checking or brokerage account, or used to purchase Series I U.S. savings bonds.

You have the option of deducting these contributions on either your 2009 or your 2010 returns, but not both.

You should make sure your contributions go to qualified charities. Most organizations eligible to receive tax-deductible donations are listed in a searchable online database available on under Search for Charities. Some organizations, such as churches or governments, may be qualified even though they are not listed on Donors can find out more about organizations helping Haitian earthquake victims from agencies such as USAID. Contributions to foreign organizations generally are not deductible.

Federal law requires that you keep a record of any deductible donations you make. For donations by text message, a telephone bill will meet the recordkeeping requirement if it shows the name of the donee organization, the date of the contribution and the amount of the contribution. For cash contributions made by other means, be sure to keep a bank record, such as a cancelled check, or a receipt from the charity showing the name of the charity and the date and amount of the contribution.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New HomeBuyer Credit Form and Doccumentation Requirements

The Internal Revenue Service has released the new form, its instructions, and doccumentation requirements that eligible homebuyers must use in order to claim either the first-time homebuyer credit or the Repeat Homebuyer Tax Credit this tax season.

The new form and instructions follow major changes in November to the homebuyer credit by the Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009. The new law extended the homebuyer credit to a broader range of home purchasers and added new documentation requirements to deter fraud and ensure taxpayers properly claim the credit.

With the release of Form 5405 First-Time Homebuyer Credit and Repayment of the Credit, and the related instructions, eligible homebuyers can now start to file their 2009 tax returns. Taxpayers claiming the homebuyer credit must file a paper tax return because of the added documentation requirements.

Processing of 2009 tax returns claiming the homebuyer credit is not expected to begin until mid-February after it completes the updating and testing of systems to meet the law’s new requirements. The updates allow the IRS to put in place critical systemic checks to deter fraud related to the homebuyer credit. The IRS has identified 582 taxpayers who were under 18 years old and ineligible to buy a home claimed almost $4 million in credits with at least one 4-year-old receiving the credit.

Early taxpayers claiming the homebuyer credit can expect their refunds take an additional two to three weeks. Normally, it takes about four to eight weeks to get a refund claimed on a complete and accurate paper return where all required documents are attached.

In addition to filling out a Form 5405, all eligible homebuyers must include with their 2009 tax returns one of the following documents in order to receive the credit:

  • A copy of the settlement statement showing all parties' names and signatures, property address, sales price, and date of purchase. Normally, this is the properly executed Form HUD-1, Settlement Statement.
  • For mobile home purchasers who are unable to get a settlement statement, a copy of the executed retail sales contract showing all parties' names and signatures, property address, purchase price and date of purchase.
  • For a newly constructed home where a settlement statement is not available, a copy of the certificate of occupancy showing the owner’s name, property address and date of the certificate.

In addition, the new law allows a long-time resident of the same main home to claim the homebuyer credit if they purchase a new principal residence. To qualify, eligible taxpayers must show that they lived in their old homes for a five-consecutive-year period during the eight-year period ending on the purchase date of the new home. The IRS has stepped up compliance checks involving the homebuyer credit, and it encouraged homebuyers claiming this part of the credit to avoid refund delays by attaching documentation covering the five-consecutive-year period:

  • Form 1098, Mortgage Interest Statement, or substitute mortgage interest statements,
  • Property tax records or
  • Homeowner’s insurance records.

The IRS also reminded homebuyers that the new documentation requirements mean that taxpayers claiming the credit cannot file electronically and must file paper returns. You may still use off-the-shelf tax software or you can still use IRS Free File to prepare your returns, but the returns must be printed out and sent to the IRS, along with all required documentation.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Keeping Organized Records

Whether you are an individual taxpayer or a business owner, you can avoid headaches at tax time with good records because they will help you remember transactions you made during the year.
Here are a few things you should know about recordkeeping.
Keeping well-organized records also ensures you can answer questions if your return is selected for examination or prepare a response if you are billed for additional tax. In most cases, the IRS does not require you to keep records in any special manner. Generally speaking, you should keep any and all documents that may have an impact on your federal tax return.
Individual taxpayers should usually keep the following records supporting items on their tax returns for at least three years:

  • Bills
  • Credit card and other receipts
  • Invoices
  • Mileage logs
  • Canceled, imaged or substitute checks or any other proof of payment
  • Any other records to support deductions or credits you claim on your return

You should normally keep records relating to property until at least three years after you sell or otherwise dispose of the property. Examples include:

  • A home purchase or improvement
  • Stocks and other investments
  • Individual Retirement Arrangement transactions

Friday, January 8, 2010

Tax Tips For The Tax Season

Well the new year is here and normally that means start paying down on all that debt we incurred on Christmas shopping and getting ready for tax time. Here are my eight tax tips in order to get ready for the 2010 tax season.

  1. Start gathering your records. Round up any documents or forms you’ll need when filing your taxes: receipts, canceled checks and other documents that support an item of income or a deduction you’re taking on your return.

  2. Be on the lookout. W-2s and 1099s will be coming soon from your employer; you’ll need these to file your tax return.

  3. Try e-file. When you file electronically, the software will handle the math calculations for you. If you use direct deposit, you will get your refund in about half the time it takes when you file a paper return. E-file is now the way the majority of returns are filed. In fact, last year, 2 out of 3 taxpayers used e-file.

  4. Check out Free File. If your income is $57,000 or less you may be eligible for free tax preparation software and free electronic filing. The IRS partners with 20 tax software companies to create this free service. Free File is for the cost conscious taxpayer who wants reliable question-and-answer software to help them prepare a return.
  5. Consider all filing options. There are many different options for filing your tax return. You can prepare it yourself or go to a tax preparer. You may be eligible for free face-to-face help at an IRS office or volunteer site. Give yourself time to weigh all the different options and find the one that best suits your needs.

  6. Consider Direct Deposit. If you elect to have your refund directly deposited into your bank account, you’ll receive it faster than waiting for a paper check.

  7. Remember this number: 17 Check out Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax on It’s a comprehensive collection of information for taxpayers highlighting everything you’ll need to know when filing your return.

  8. Review! Review! Review! Don’t rush. We all make mistakes when we rush. Mistakes will slow down the processing of your return. Be sure to double-check all the Social Security Numbers and math calculations on your return as these are the most common errors made by taxpayers.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year